Wrapper Operator – Gloucestershire – £23k per annum
A well-established international manufacturing company has moved to the Gloucestershire area.
If you are keen to work for a company who pride themselves on excellence, ownership, simplicity & partnership then this Wrapper and ASCI Operator role could be for you!
If you have the skills below and are looking to work for a multinational and dynamic company, please apply
- Operate in a food-safe manner, following all GMPs and ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Follow all safety instructions and processes, specifically following proper Lock Out / Tag Out processes
- Use correct ergonomic lifting techniques
- Operate all wrapping and stacking equipment, including assembling machines prior to start-up and during operation, make adjustments and minor repairs, change foil and code date, change harps, shut down and disassemble prior to clean-up.
- Assist with assembly, change over, operate and tear down casting belts and casting line equipment such as manifolds, cooling system. check weighing equipment, and cheese pump.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to equipment and on control panel to ensure proper operating conditions.
- Assemble and disassemble all equipment in area.
- Gather salvage, scrap, and waste containers.
- Notifying maintenance and/or writing and logging work requests as needed to keep equipment operating in good condition.
- Use basic IT/IS functions
- Keep neat and accurate records.
- Locate supplies (including film), bring them to production area, and prepare for usage.
- Inspect packages routinely for defects.
- Identify rejectable foil and write rejection report.
- Identify rejectable cheese and understand process to correct issue.
- Account for all supplies used during shift.
- Account for all cheese packaged and rejected during shift.
- Perform sanitation duties in area and other areas as needed
- Prepare hand wash stations prior to start up and maintain during shift.
- Responsible for proper housekeeping at the work area and for proper sanitation of equipment while operating it. Work with Leaders and fellow partners to ensure Food Safety and Partner Safety. Understand and execute standard operating procedures relative to position. Perform all PCP and CCP checks required for position. Follow reaction plan for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement outages and by contacting TA/TL. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper operation and product. Record accurate data on production reports.
- All other tasks required by leadership
What you need to succeed
- Must be able to read and keep accurate, legible records
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to properly and safely operate MHE
- Must be computer literate and be able to demonstrate basic IT/IS abilities (using a scanner, recording documentation electronically, navigating a user interface, printing, etc)
- Must be ready and able to work on all days of scheduled production and work overtime when necessary
- Must have knowledge of basic mathematics
- Must be willing to accept responsibility
- Must demonstrate a satisfactory attendance record, commendable, or better performance in teamwork and overall work performance