Technical Project Manager – £64ph
Our client, a global pharmaceutical company based in West Sussex is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their company for 6 months. The role is paying up to £65 per hour.
The Project Manager role is the liaison with assigned functional area for the purpose of business and digital alignment, business technology strategy support, solution discovery, service management and relationship management.
You would Provide an overview of the responsibilities of the position by providing a summary of the most important aspects and duties of the position.
Shift will be standard but occasionally the PM must be available for meetings later in the day to accommodate US Teams, or early in the morning to work with Australia or AsiaPAC teams.
Reports to: Program Manager, Enabling Functions I&T
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead project planning sessions ensuring involvement and presence of required stakeholders from Business and I&T. Manage various sized, diverse, and geographically distributed project teams and ensure a healthy environment and culture of transparency and collaboration.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of project budgets, sensitivities, resources, project timelines, project scope, risk, and all other project documentation. Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation, ensuring all documents follow the COMPANYS I&T standards, templates, and frameworks.
- Collaborates with Program Sponsor and stakeholders to understand requirements, priorities, and business imperatives. Secure growth opportunities and initiate new projects where possible.
- Manage project progress and highlight any risk proactively and ensure risk mitigation plan in place.
- Ensure timely communication of project updates, timelines, and any roadblocks in the form of status reports using standard COMPANYS templates. Ensure project budget is managed and not exceeded without an exception. Review the project budget and project plan regularly with required stakeholders, to avoid budget overruns and maintain transparency and collaboration.
- Participate in the procurement of new solution process, i.e., design, submission, and review as required.
- Conduct detailed project review, retrospectives, and detailed reports for executive and leadership team. Ensure regular evaluation of the project priorities with the stakeholders to ensure the sprint backlog is realigned based on any changed business priority or market condition.
- Responsible for framing the portfolio in language of business, providing clear choices and path for decision-making. Identify areas of improvement through value/KPI monitoring.
- Convene, educate, and engage key stakeholders on the business implications of portfolio decisions. Activity and resources planning for current and future projects, ensure the scope is defined and managed iteratively per sprint, set realistic time estimates, and evaluate team’s capabilities and availability. Mentor more junior team members and identify resource gaps.
- Optimize and improve project management and project delivery processes and overall approach where necessary.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Provide hiring requirements for the specified position, including educational, experiential, and competency requirements necessary for the position.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, mathematics, etc., Master’s degree desirable
- PMP certification required
- 7+ years IT experience years’
- Experience working within a GXP environment
- Experience managing IT projects within a global environment using formal project management methodology, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management and critical stakeholders
- Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience desirable
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset and developing a culture of collaboration and partnership to align all areas of strategy and performance so that there is a seamless interaction and shared information flow.
- Strategic and tactical enterprise-wide view of the business knowledge of strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations, workshop facilitation and delivery, and other non-traditional forms of communication – capable of framing the problem in a meaningful and applicable manner
- Collaborative mindset able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis, decision making abilities and relationship management with key stakeholders across the organization
- Proven leadership, especially situational leadership, in managing within a complex matrix environment
- Candidate should have experience with project forecasting and budgeting processes. Experience with portfolio management tools for project planning, forecasting, and reporting is also required. Clarity ® specific portfolio management tool experience is desirable.
- In addition, candidate should have domain experience in managing projects in Office 365, SharePoint arena
Highly Desirable skills/traits:
- Experience of a highly regulated IT environment or good documentation culture, including formal change management processes
- Monitoring user experience across global enterprise
- Global Teams implementation