Procurement Specialist -Fully remote up to £21.60ph
Our client, a global pharmaceutical company based in Maidenhead and Liverpool is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their company for 3 months possible longer.
The role is paying up to £21.60 per hour.
This role reports to the North America Regional Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing, and is responsible for the support, development, and execution of category management strategies across the company’s Commercial Business globally to ensure best possible value for the company while managing risk and maintaining compliance in sourcing practices.
This is a fully remote position with an immediate start date.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinating the short and long-term needs for Commercial Operations (Sales & Marketing) to be supported and aligning this need with the regional and global category leads by leading sourcing projects including regional and supplier selection process
- Responsible for Sourcing Strategy
- Supply performance & risk management
- Building and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver upon Procurement’s objectives by ongoing discussions regarding supplier performance, issues, procurement improvement initiatives and other broader business issues.
- Drive Innovation participating in global transformation projects (as required) and continuous improvement initiatives as required to ensure the delivery of targeted benefits.
- Basic strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to work within a global team.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner, apply creative approaches to engage audiences, manage change, resolve conflict, and build consensus.
- Solid Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Relationship Management knowledge
- The role holder to be educated to a bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management preferred or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in strategic sourcing or relevant Commercial category experience or relevant legal experience
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related industry preferred but not essential