Our client within the wireless remote industry located in Slough are looking for a Service Technician to join their company on a permanent basis.
The role is paying between £24k – £26k per annum dependant on experience.
The role holder would be required to test, troubleshoot, repair and modify electronic components, parts and equipment as required to maintain new and existing products.
They would also be responsible for building and assembling new systems.
They would be expected to travel to customer sites where necessary to provide support to more senior Service Technicians and provides high quality service to customers, OEMs and manufacturers’ representatives.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment and analyze problems using test equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions.
- Inspect components of industrial/rail equipment for accurate assembly and installation and for defects such as loose connections and frayed wires.
- Verifies customer’s equipment for compliance with product specifications. Consults with customers, supervisors, and engineers for layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance. Draws sketches to clarify design details.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Completes and checks all job tickets including records such as material usage and number of items repaired.
- Prepares and submits management reports. Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine issues.
- Assists other departments in resolving equipment and related problems.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on units performance.
- Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
- Ability to use hand tools to pack shipments.
- Must have good verbal skills. Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
- Must be very well organized.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience with products and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.