Senior 2nd Line Service Technician – Windsor – £28k – £32kpa
Our client is a company within the Medical Sector with a long-established culture of designing and manufacturing exceptionally high-quality innovative measurement and diagnostic instruments.
They are seeking a Senior Service Technician to join their company on a permanent basis. The Senior Service Technician is responsible for assisting and providing second line technical support to internal and external customers.
The Senior Service Technician will work as part of dynamic, collaborative team, supporting end users and distributors worldwide. Working across a range of different products and utilizing the expertise and problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve issues to the customer satisfaction.
Undertaking warranty and chargeable repairs and completion of relevant documentation and reporting.
The successful applicant will be based in the Windsor office and is paying £28 – 32k per annum dependant on experience.
Hours of work are Monday – Thursday 8.45am – 5pm and Fridays 8.45am – 4pm with an hour for lunch.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction by providing prompt and accurate technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, and remote access.
- Highlight opportunities for sale of new equipment if customer’s equipment is obsolete or beyond economic repair
- Book-in repairs and warranty equipment, assess products and email quotes to customers.
- Schedule workshop repairs, send equipment back to the production team or to the original equipment manufacturer for repair.
- Organize a replacement product if necessary.
- Chase and coordinate quotation response and returns for repair.
- Complete repairs and generate relevant documentation.
- Support field engineers with parts, assemblies, jigs, and fixtures
- Identify root cause of product failures with high return rate and propose an adequate solution/improvement.
- Issue new/ review Change Notes (CN).
- Review Service Manuals (SM) to ensure any changes to the products or repair processes are reflected in the SMs.
- Issue Technical/Service Bulletins to internal and/or external customers.
- Create new/ review Technical Service’s Online courses.
- Manufacture or modify existing jigs and fixtures when required.
- Provide Service Training to internal and external customers.
- Create and provide guide/repair instructions to distributors.
- Input data into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to ensure all warranty and repair data is recorded accurately.
- Ensure statements on quotes and dispatch notes are concise and informative.
- Ensure that all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Work on one job at a time and keep each repair separate and clearly referenced.
- Manage Technical Service’s disposal of broken products, scrap metal and WEEE waste.
- Able to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute effectively.
- A confident approach to customer service.
- Technical repair/assembly skills.
- IT literate – able to use efficiently the Microsoft Office Suite as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Experienced with using CAD software.
- Excellent email-writing skills, telephone manner and professional attitude.
- Efficient administrator.
- Ability to effectively deliver product and repair how-to knowledge to internal and external customers.
- Identify / create processes and deliver improvement.