Production Team Lead – Stonehouse – up to £63,800pa
A well-established international manufacturing company is moving to the Gloucestershire area, and we will open ample opportunities for new recruits. It is a new start up within the UK so requires someone who is flexible.
They offer attractive benefits with a Friday finish time of 3pm. The role is paying between £51,000 – £63,800 per annum dependant on experience.
They are currently seeking a Production Team Leader to lead the efforts of a production team. Duties include production planning, organizing, training, coaching, compliance with various customer, company, government requirements and guidelines, and continuous improvement of product cost, quality, and service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Food Safety and Quality principles with partners.
- Lead department efforts in meeting or exceeding goals in Productivity, Raw Material Usage, Safety, Customer Complaints, and Service.
- Identify and communicate customer requirements. Develop PCPs to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Guide the training and development of the Leadership team
- Through the use of problem-solving methods, corrective action tracking, and other quality tools identify and make process improvements.
- Make sure that customer orders are scheduled in a timely manner, taking into consideration production efficiencies
- Identify potential Capital improvements going through the analysis justification and approval process. Manage or assist in the management of capital projects.
- Review and make appropriate changes to the standard cost system.
- Track and maintain control of variable and fixed budgets.
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Field of study preferred: Food Dairy Science; Food Chemistry; Engineering; Finance; Supply Chain Management; Operations Management; Business
- 3-5 years of experience as a Production Team Advisor, with at least 2-3 years of experience in Processed Cheese
- Strong communication skills Complete understanding of the business.
- In depth understanding of the business’s impact on local, national, and international markets.
- In depth and comprehensive knowledge of industry processes.
- Complete understanding of strategic maintenance planning and turnaround activities.
- Performance and project management skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Budget planning skills.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Solution-oriented thinking and acting
- Very good PC skills, ie, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel