Prep & Grind Operator – Gloucestershire – £23k per annum
A well-established international manufacturing company has moved to the Gloucestershire area.
If you are keen to work for a company who pride themselves on excellence, ownership, simplicity & partnership then this Prep/Grind Operators role could be for you!
If you have the skills below and are looking to work for a multinational and dynamic company, please apply
- Operate in a food-safe manner, following all GMPs and ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Follow all safety instructions and processes, specifically following proper Lock Out / Tag Out processes
- Use correct ergonomic lifting techniques
- Assembly/dismantling of grinder, conveyor belts, scales and pumps (if necessary)
- Supply lines with enough cheese to avoid downtime
- Carefully prepare the ingredients needed for each mixture, according to the blend sheet. These include unpacking the butter, enzymes, weighing the necessary ingredients, and adding acetic acid, sorbic acid, and colorant
- Record all batch and sublot numbers of the ingredients used. Keep track of all ingredients used during shifts to ensure proper accountability.
- Make sure the necessary ingredients are in the room to properly prepare the blend.
- Prepare the cheese needed for each mixture according to the blend sheet. This includes carrying the cheese out of the corridor and properly identifying each cheese container.
- Make sure that the necessary containers for cheese are in the storage room for proper preparation of blends.
- Inspect grinder screen for quality inspection and to prevent clogging while grinding.
- Check out panel switches before start-up and pre-run.
- Maintain grinding schedule
- Opening of cheese blocks for processing
- Use basic IT/IS functions for scanning and traceability of material
- Must be able to identify and understand customer requirements.
- Must be able to read and understand production orders.
- Support during assembly and disassembly in production areas as needed
- Perform hygienic work in areas and other areas as needed
- Preparation of hand washing stations before start-up and maintenance during shift
- Responsible for proper cleaning in the work area and for proper hygiene of the equipment during operation. Work with other partners to ensure food safety and partner safety. Understand and perform standard operational procedures associated with a job title. Perform all PCP and CCP checks required for the position. Follow the failure response plan in the areas of food safety, food quality and customer requirements and contact TA/TL. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and help ensure proper operation and product. Write accurate data to production reports.
- All other tasks required by leadership
What it takes to be successful
- Must be willing to accept responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a satisfactory attendance record, commendable, or better performance in teamwork and overall work performance.