Payroll Manager – £35K
Our client, a well-established company committed to providing an excellent service based in Wokingham, requires an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Payroll is a crucial function in the company and they are looking to recruit a Payroll Manager to oversee the entire payroll operation.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, primary responsibility is for all aspects of payroll within the organisation. However, working as part of a small finance team with support from Business Apprentices, the role demands a flexibility and willingness to work in areas as part of the finance department as a whole.
- Managing the payroll function;
- Responsible for fortnightly payroll for approx. 850 cleaning staff;
- Pension reporting, including LGPS;
- SSP and SMP recording;
- Processing monthly payroll for approx. 40 staff;
- Timely submission of statutory filings, including FPS, EPS, P11Ds, and other year-end filing;
- Managing spreadover payments, including initial calculations, adjustments, and communications;
- Handling payroll queries;
- Setting up bank payments for payroll related payments;
- Payroll related filing;
- Key involvement in the implementation of time and attendance software to automate the payroll process;
- Review of time and attendance data against budgets;
- Responsibility for maintaining data in payroll related software, incl. revised pay rates and contracted hours;
- Continuous development of processes and systems within the payroll function;
- To provide a professional and courteous service to the rest of the company, our customers, our cleaners and our suppliers at all times;
- Working with the rest of the finance department as a team.
- 3 years’ experience working in a similar payroll environment;
- A solid understanding of payroll legislation;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Very good organisation and administration skills and an ability to follow processes;
- Excellent teamwork attributes, with a flexible and willing attitude to help out in all areas of the business if needed;
- Good mathematical skills, able to make manual payroll calculations and understand the complexities of spread over (annualised) contracts;
- Strong excel skills, with the ability to build basic spreadsheets, enter formulae and carry out review analysis;
- An ability to work without close supervision, able to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines without compromising on quality;
- Personal integrity, dependability and confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse range of people;
- Written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports;
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- A great, positive attitude to work;
- A history of excellent attendance and reliability.