Material Handler – Gloucestershire – £20,000
A well-established international manufacturing company has moved to the Gloucestershire area.
If you are keen to work for a company who pride themselves on excellence, ownership, simplicity & partnership then this Material Handler role could be for you!
If you have the skills below and are looking to work for a multinational and dynamic company, please apply
- Properly receive and warehouse incoming materials such as pallets, cheese, ingredients, cases, packaging materials, etc.
- Any materials required to support the production lines of the plant will be part of this job duty and responsibility
- Operate in a food-safe manner, following all GMPs and ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Follow all safety instructions and processes, specifically following proper Lock Out / Tag Out processes
- Use correct ergonomic lifting techniques
- Assemble and deliver same products for utilization on the production lines
- Prepare and load outbound material (trim, scrap, salvage) as needed
- Perform cycle counts and finished goods inventories on a regular basis
- Maintain cooler organization by rotating bulk inventory (including trim/salvage) and ensuring proper storage and utilization on the line
- Meeting the requirements of your customers will be a top priority of this position
- Use basic IT/IS functions for scanning and traceability of material
- Utilization of computerized terminals to assist with the handling of these products will be required
- Must be able to identify and understand customer requirements.
- Must be able to read and understand production orders.
- Support during assembly and disassembly in production areas as needed
- Perform hygienic work in areas and other areas as needed
- Work with Leaders and fellow partners to ensure Food Safety and Partner Safety and prioritize work responsibilities across departments
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures relative to position
- Perform all PCP and CCP checks required for position
- Follow reaction plan for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement outages and by contacting TA/TL
- Responsible for proper cleaning in the work area and for proper hygiene of the equipment during operation
- Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and help ensure proper operation and product
- Write accurate data to production reports.
- All other tasks required by leadership
l What you need to succeed
- Must be able to learn to read and understand production orders and become familiar with basic product flow.
- Must be able to learn the minimum and maximum legal weight requirement and tolerances.
- Must be able to read and keep accurate, legible records.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to properly and safely operate a pallet jack and a fork lift
- Must be computer literate and be able to demonstrate basic IT/IS abilities (using a scanner, recording documentation electronically, navigating a user interface, printing, etc)
- Must be ready and able to work on all days of scheduled production and work overtime when necessary.
- Proficient in math skills that will allow you to accurately process customer orders.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a satisfactory attendance record, commendable, or better performance in teamwork and overall work performance, and not take disciplinary action.