Manufacturing Production Planner – £12ph
Our client who creates engineering solutions for their customers are seeking a Manufacturing Production Planner on a 2–3-month basis paying £12 per hour. The hours of work are 7.30am – 4.30pm.
- To ensure all drawing releases are processed in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To ensure all components manufactured meet required quality standards.
- To ensure the manufacturing status of all live projects is monitored on a regular basis for progress.
- To allocate resources, machinery, and raw material to cover production demand.
- Timely processing and order placement of all parts identified for subcontract manufacture.
- Keep up to date Manufacturing Resource Plans and schedule ready for assembly dates based on Purchasing and Manufacturing completion.
- Update the Production Tracker to provide a clear status for all parts in manufacture (internal/ external).
- Monitor on a bi-daily basis the manufacturing status, and progress accordingly to meet agreed timescales.
- Assist Business Support Manager and Director of Operations with organisation of internal manufacture or subcontract of parts.
- Ensure the release from design into manufacture, is followed according to agreed processes including, but not limited to drawing checks, drawing allocation and distribution.
- Monitor and report against manufacturing budgets from drawing release to manufacturing completion.
- Maintain hard copy drawing folders ensuring the latest revision is present at all times.
- Work closely with all internal & external stakeholders to ensure any problems identified in manufacturing are reported and quickly resolved.
- Update bill of materials with all manufacturing stages & material traceability requirements.
- Coordinating Goods Outwards/Goods Inwards process for manufactured parts requiring sub-contract.
- Ensure quality standards are met at all stages of manufacture including, but not limited to, secondary machining, painting, zinc plating and hardening.
- Organise finishing requirements such as paint, zinc plating and hardening with the relevant supplier(s)
- Quality checking of sub-contract part deliveries.
- Ensure any manufactured items held in stock are monitored and replenished in line with forecast demand to avoid stock outages and prevent overstocking.
- Be willing and available to help in other areas within the department during times of increased workload and holiday periods.
Attend all internal meetings where required