Maintenance Technician (Electrical) – Stonehouse – £40K
Purpose of the role
We are looking for motivated, customer focused people who want to join our team as a maintenance technician. The Focus of the Maintenance Technician is to ensure all safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
- Served a full indentured apprenticeship and or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Multi skilled in both Electrical(instrumentation) and mechanical with an electrical bias.
- Experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance systems.
- Fault finding on Siemens PLC and material handling Automated systems.
- Experience in interpreting both Mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of Conveyor Maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
- Maintenance and servicing of production facilities.
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Experience of sortation, conveyor machinery.
- Experience of fault finding on Building equipment i.e. HVAC, Dock levelers, Chillers, and general building maintenance.
- Put Health and safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all H&S standards and regulations
- Carry out Planned Preventative maintenance on a full range of equipment within the site
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties, and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability.
- Support the wider Team
- Management of contractors.
- On-site support and responsibility for management and escalation of high-risk situations
- Control of contractors when required.
- Management of Critical spare parts inventory.
- General production support.
- Maintenance of electronic documents and databases and Record accurate data on reports.
- Repairs to the building infrastructure.
- Creation of check and maintenance lists for new installations.
- Review, completion, and modification of construction plans (Management of Change) of the production facilities.
- Work with Leaders and fellow partners to ensure Food Safety and Partner Safety.
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures relative to position.
- Understand and follow all PCP and CCP checks.
- Follow reaction plan for Food Safety, Food Quality, and customer requirement outages Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper operation and product.
- Apprentice Trained
- HNC or equivalent
- Welding experience desirable.
- Mechanical experience desirable.
- Electro pneumatic desirable.
- FMCG experience desirable.
- Organizational Awareness.
- Personal Drive
- Working effectively with others.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to have
Willingness for further education (degree level).