Logistics Specialist – £16.31 per hour
Our client is actively looking to recruit a dynamic Global Logistics Specialist on a temporary basis to join their logistics team.
The role would be reporting to the Global Logistics Manage. The Global Export Coordinator will manage and track the progress of all export and import shipments end to end and ensure accurate and timely filing of required documentation. This individual will manage import and export documents (e.g., permits, EUR1s, COO, POAs, etc.) to meet HMRC custom audits, maintain files and records of orders, prepare summary reports for internal and external parties, and provide monthly support to Finance for revenue recognition.
This role will also require writing Work Instructions in collaboration with the company and Freight Forwarder parties to ensure all aspects are planned.
This individual will seek to continually improve the order management and related supply chain processes to enhance customer service and department efficiency. Strong collaboration with commercial teams, manufacturing sites, and external customers within assigned countries is required.
The duration of the role is for 12 months possibly longer.
Duties will include:
- Providing updates on batch release dates and changes to batch status to trigger shipments.
- Creating and managing export and import documents and in a timely manner.
- Executing transactions in SAP.
- Creating offline documents for exporting.
- Liaising with Chambers of Commerce for documents.
- Managing and tracking the progress of all export and import shipments end to end using tools such as DHL and Life Track.
- Identifying issues and proactively developing mitigation plans.
- Use SAP to check inventory movements.
- Providing information to support writing of deviations should they occur in a shipment.
- Following up on invoices for trade lanes used.
- Ensuring data is with the Global Export Manager.
- Tracking, monitoring, and registering key export documents such as permits, EUR1s, COO, POAs.
- Storing required documents on the Global Logistics SharePoint site.
- Auditing documents regularly to ensure quality and compliance.
- Participating in self-audits for Trade Compliance.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Understand new/updated regulations and track trends affecting imports/exports.
- Be curious, to identify the root cause of any issues preventing export documents to be created in SAP.
- Have a very strong knowledge in SAP particularly in Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Outbound Delivery creations.
- Raise Tickets as required to the SAP Support Team.
- Participate in testing for future SAP enhancements.
- Be fully up to speed with trade compliance terminology, such as incoterms, HTS codes, FDA codes.
- Have strong knowledge of EU and US regulations in the healthcare industry.
- Proven time management skills for planning and scheduling of work.
- Excellent attention to detail in completing required export/import documentation.
- Strong communications skills; oral and written.
- Bachelor’s in science related field preferred
- SAP skills are a must. Practical experience of using SAP STOs and SOs transactions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of road, air and sea shipments, cold chain 2-8C
- Experience with export coordination working with 3PLs and SAP
- Strong export background
- Experience working in a regulated and GMP environment