Legal Secretary – Reading – up to £27k DOE
Our client a well-established regional UK law firm with an impressive international reach Located close to Reading station are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their fast-paced Personal Injury’s team.
We have two positions available one originally be offered on a 6-month contract but with the view to a permanent role for the right candidate and the other on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Senior Partner you will be responsible for supporting the Personal Injury team on all day-to-day administration activities.
The ideal candidate for this role will be confident, organised, proactive and, most importantly, a team player. There is a strong culture of cooperation and creating synergy across teams and functions, so communication and attention to detail is key.
Please note for this role you will be required to attend the office a minimum of 2 days a week and therefore the candidate will need to be flexible to comply with business needs.
As Legal Assistant/ Secretary you will be responsible for:
- Typing and preparing documents
- Preparing and sorting incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation
- Scheduling of conferences, hearings, and other meetings, along with booking clients in for advice meetings as a result of initial calls and operating accurate and concise management of calendar agendas of Fee Earners.
- Preparing court bundles and documentation
- Completing internal forms and paperwork
- Collating enclosures for Counsel
- Answering a high volume of calls and maintaining a rapid response rate, according to agreed objectives with third-party callers and promoting the customer service standards of the practice.
- Booking conferences
- Routine clerical tasks as assigned by the fee earners and department
- Any other ad hoc secretarial activities including maintaining spreadsheets and utilising DocuSign, data entry and Ishare.
Essential skills and experience… what are we looking for?
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 1 year’s commercial experience working as a legal assistant/ secretary
- Be able to work to a high standard and to be organised and efficient whilst working under pressure
- Practical Experience of legal case management software
- Comfortable liaising with clients via telephone/ email on behalf of fee earners.
- Ability to work unsupervised (where necessary)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail
- Working in a busy team and can handle a busy workload and work to tight deadlines
- Respond quickly and manage expectations effectively
- Strong PC/technical skills and high level of confidence using IT
- Excellent keyboard skills plus good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Previous experience of claimant PI work is desirable
- Strong knowledge of PI law and its application desirable
- Eager to learn and develop in the field of PI