IT Lead Business Analyst – Slough – Up to £60K
IT Lead Business Analyst – Back Office 12 month Fixed Term Contract
An exciting opportunity as an IT Lead Business Analyst has become available to work and support a project for a well-known company based in Slough. Supporting the IT Change/Portfolio/Business Intelligence Manager, you will be required to use best practice project and change management techniques and ITIL methodology and processes to promote quality delivery of the IT portfolio of projects and change within their area of the organisation.
You will be tasked with delivering the implementation of a new Fleet Contract Management system.
- Act as the IT representative and owner for technical tasks required for Project and liaise accordingly with the IT Change/Portfolio/BI Manager or IT Director for advice/guidance where needed to ensure a timely and successful delivery.
- Work with IT Project Manager and wider SME’s to define and deliver the overall project plan and implementation
- Liaise accordingly with third party vendors to setup, configure and test all necessary integrations including the provision and receipt of data feeds as necessary.
- Work with all departments affected during the lifecycle of a contract and ensure that their requirements have been addressed and catered for within the system capabilities.
Where gaps in default system functionality are identified, work with the relevant business areas to innovate and present pragmatic workarounds to ensure deadlines are met.
- Produce clear and detailed documentation of operational business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements for identified gaps with a view for delivery in future phases of Project Torrent.
- Work with the IT Operations team and business stakeholders to establish service design and service levels for new or changed IT systems/services/applications
- Ensure all changes follow best practice security guidelines, such that capabilities and service provided are ‘secure by design’
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good understanding of IT applications and services, with technical IT background, ideally in the financial services/automotive sector with a focus on leasing/contract hire
- Basic understanding of ITIL Service Strategy and Service Transition processes, ideally at least ITIL Foundation certified
- In-depth practical experience of business analysis and process mapping techniques.
- Expertise within the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of creating and executing test plans
- Experience of applications architecture/solution design would be an advantage
- Able to deliver quality under pressure
- Ideally degree educated
- Customer focused, flexible, pragmatic and decisive
- SQL Server basic understanding coupled with technical understanding of web and mobile technologies would also be advantageous