IT Engineer – £28,620 per annum
Our client a solicitor’s firm based in Maidenhead are looking for an IT Engineer to support the IT Manager.
The successful applicant will be based in the Maidenhead office but will travel around all our sites. The remaining offices are in London, Slough, High Wycombe, Aylesbury and Farnham.
The position is paying up to £28,620 per annum.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch (May be required to swap days for occasional weekend working). The role holder would be 28 days paid leave per annum including bank holidays plus a further 3.5 days at Christmas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with and reporting to the IT Manager and Financial Controller
- Monitoring the helpdesk tickets raised on ticketing system
- Providing first line support to users throughout the Firm via phone, email and in person.
- Set up and installation of equipment to include PCs/laptops, printers, desk phones etc.
- Change and collect back up tapes from datacentre
- Active directory such as adding/deleting users and maintaining
- Training for users at basic level
- At least 1-2 years’ general IT experience including Microsoft Desktop & Office support; hardware support and first line user support
- GCSEs, grade A-C, in Maths, English and Computer Science
- A Level, B Tec or equivalent in Computer Science subject
- Able to perform the duties listed above
- Able and willing to work out of usual office ours to accommodate work and emergency repairs etc.
- Good computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot various IT issues
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with General Data Protection Regulations
Systems used by the company:
- Windows Server 2012 – 2019
- Exchange Server 2019
- Windows 10/11
- MS Office 2016
- MS 365
- Citrix XenApp
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Trend Anti-Virus