Internal Sales Account Manager – £33k (40k OTE)
Our client, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of materials to the sign, exhibition, and display market in Slough, are looking for an Internal Sales Account Manager. The role holder will be assisting the field Sales team generating and maintaining excellent quality relationships with customers and prospects. 50% of the role would be making outbound calls and 50% of the time taking inbound calls.
The role is paying a Basic of £33k per annum plus £7k OTE.
- Generating and maintaining excellent quality relationships with customers and prospects
- Uncovering new business opportunities.
- Pro-active calling of prospects and clients
- Following up prospects quotes and samples sent out
- Identifying additional opportunities with current customer customers – cross selling
- Providing advice on different product applications, colours, recommendations, and prices.
- Promoting new products – campaign follow ups
- Following Quality Management System for Sales Office.
- Negotiating prices within a given remit to win sales.
- Liaising with line manager for pricing where volume or competition dictates the need to step outside the given remit.
- Informing customers of price changes or special offers.
- Entering new leads onto the system – either received over the phone or because of a cold call
- Documenting any conversations (notes and history) had with customers – might be of relevance to other colleagues
- Cleaning up the database – Finding out as much information as possible to update the system when customers call.
- Raising a complaint – Taking the complaint from the customer and organising the paperwork.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities – cross selling
- Excellent planning, organisation, and customer service skills
- 2-3 years experience within a sales environment.
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Flexible and Professional attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- IT literate – Excel, Word, CRM applications
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Good long-term relationship builder
- Product knowledge advantageous but not essential