Financial and Reporting Accountant
Our client a global manufacturing company are looking for a Senior Financial and Reporting Accountant to their join their team until January 2024.
The role is part of the Account to Report team and is responsible for Financial Accounting for multiple European entities to deliver accurate and timely execution of Financial Accounting activities.
This role will perform complex transactions and statutory reporting across the set of entity codes. It also includes support for projects and continuous improvement and liaising with Finance Business Partners for escalations.
- Prepare and post recurring and standard manual journals, including payroll, intercompany entries and topside journals.
- Manage the month end close for responsible entities
- Perform and review Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Identify reconciliation issues and resolve any issues that are due to system/ transactional gaps.
- Be comfortable reaching out to business partners to help resolve any issues that require discussion.
- Support preparation of entity budgets and forecasts including Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and cashflow statement.
- Prepare and load data from the budgeting & planning tool to the consolidation system for all legal entities. Consolidate group level budget & forecast including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Complete IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) adjustment calculations and share with Controlling & Reporting for review.
- Support for internal and external audit and governance requests
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in related field or professional certification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA) required.
- 6+ years’ experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in global scientific/pharmaceutical industry desirable.
- Ability to think through irregular issues.
- Timely decision making and priority setting.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Organizational agility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The position also requires the ability to build and maintain sound relationships and collaborate effectively with multiple levels and cross functionally with Finance Business Partners and various Finance Centres of Excellence.