Accounts Specialist – £49,400 per annum
A well-established international manufacturing company is moving to the Gloucestershire area, and we will open up ample opportunities for new recruits.
If you are keen to work for a company who pride themselves on excellence, ownership, simplicity & partnership then this Accounts Specialist role could be for you!
If you have the skills below and are looking to work for a multinational and dynamic company, please apply!
The role holder would be a key leader for the business unit, driving a culture of continuous improvement of all financial work processes. They would be required to develop and maintain integrated financial systems that provide insight and guidance to facilitate the decision-making processes. They would be expected to ensure the integrity of reporting through the implementation of strong internal controls and through the development of appropriate measurements, to ensure compliance with local statutory and reporting obligations.
- Keep abreast of all relevant local financial and statutory regulations, particularly taxation, and effectively communicate to other leaders for understanding and compliance.
- Be responsible of preparation and filing all the taxes forms for the UK Administration (VAT, CIP/PIT, withholding tax) besides other Statistical requirements (Intrastat, UK bank information), provide all the information required by the government in case of local inspection.
- Ensure that all the VAT in purchase invoices is correctly recorded.
- Have full accountabilities for all accounting and financial operations, including order to cash, procure to pay, cash flow planning and cash management, internal/external reporting, payroll, capital investment forecasting, annual and monthly financial budgets and forecasts, and participation in acquisition analyses, as needed.
- Establish systems, processes, and procedures to collect and record data required for internal and external financial reporting. This includes maintaining accurate inventory and other balance sheet accounts, charging costs to the general ledger in accordance with the corporate chart of accounts and determining appropriate accruals.
- Be the contact person for the external auditors.
- Participate in the ownership along with IS/IT in development and support of the ERP system.
- Maintain a strong system of internal controls which will ensure the safeguarding of assets, compliance with regulatory agency requirements, and the integrity and objectivity of financial and operational reporting, in alignment with the policies of the internal control team.
- Be responsible for the business unit’s capital spending measurement and communication process. This includes providing appropriate analysis for capital expenditures, as well as the accurate recording of fixed assets in the fixed asset system (i.e., recording of acquisitions, transfers, and disposals), and for the coordination if the fixed asset physical inventories.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Accounting or Finance
- Master’s or Post Graduate Degree- Desired
- UK GAAP and UK VAT Knowledge, a must.
- Fluent in English
- Excel: advanced skills; other MS Office applications at least at basic level; experience with Oracle or SAP is a plus.
- Financial supervisory/leadership (4-6 years)