Early Collections Specialist – Slough – up to £25K
Our client, based in Slough, within the automotive sector are looking for an Early Collections Specialist.
The role holder will assist the department in collection of past due accounts that are over 1-90 days past due. The Collections Specialist (Early) is responsible for liaising with customers for up-to-date payment arrangements and arrears management on alt inbound and outbound phone contacts.
- Responsible for volume outbound and inbound calls, responding to a wide variety of customers’ arrears problems and concerns.
- Negotiate payments and arrangements on inbound and outbound telephone contacts by using the Collections system, resolving delinquencies.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to the customer, offering them all relevant information to allow them to understand any options available to them.
- Undertake all collections activities in accordance with the required regulations; ensure treating Customers fairly, Companies Policies and Guidelines laid down by the business.
- Review SLA adherence and performance reports (in conjunction with the Manager).
- Adheres to format company regulatory processes, policies and procedures.
- Treats customers with respect adhering to principles of Treating Customers Fairly
- Excellent communication (including written) and negotiation skills when dealing with customers
- Ability to listen to customers to obtain clues that lead to additional contact information
- Possess a “sales” type personality — can convince customers to reconcile their accounts and bring their arrears up to date
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confident in making decisions; takes ownership of individual arrears cases where required
- Demonstrate prioritisation skills in terms of meeting formal service and productivity targets
- Ability to operate, upon training, contract, collections and workflow management systems and associated office equipment