Digital Medical Secretary – Manchester – £23K
Our client who offers the UK’s first platform to offer video consultations with patients online and via smartphone are looking for a Digital Medical Secretary to provide a comprehensive and efficient secretarial and administration service across multiple practices and systems.
The salary is £23,000 per annum and offers a hybrid working pattern – 2-3 days in the office and the rest from home.
Hours of work are 9am – 5pm which slight flexibility.
- Use of Microsoft Word to produce documents from tasks received, such as referrals.
- Update patient electronic records, using clinical systems to complete referrals via ERS.
- Produce a daily list of referrals and tasks that are outstanding, communicate referrals to GPs as required.
- To provide secretarial support to multiple practice staff and clinicians.
- To answer the telephone, taking appropriate action such as booking in appointments as required – To communicate effectively between clinicians/ practice staff and internal teams.
- Be responsible for incoming post, coding and uploading to clinical system.
- Produce appointment letters and did not attend letters as requested by GP and nursing staff.
- Writing SLA’s and workflows for varying practices according to their local pathways.
- Operations: Working alongside the company’s Operations Team to set up GP logins, access and answer general system queries.
- Onboarding: Being the first point of contact for clinical system support for the GP’s during their onboarding program.
- Training materials: Drafting guides and manuals as a point of reference for GP’s.
- Deal with all work in a confidential manner.
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be necessary for the efficient running of the service.
- To comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy and all other Company Policies applicable to the role.
Principal Skills and Attributes Required:
- Have working experience of using Microsoft Office Application.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to plan and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training.
- Experience of dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-reliance.
- Keenness to extend knowledge and improve processes/ efficiencies.
- Experience in general practice using clinical systems (both EMIS/TPP).
- Minimum of 1-year medical administration experience.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience as a medical secretary within a general practice.
- Touch typing.
- Medical Terminology qualification.