Category Manager – £38K
Our client is the leading distributor of international health and beauty brands in the UK retail market. They are looking for a Category Manager to work within the Commercial Team for an Accessories Category Manager.
The role will be reporting into and working closely with the Sales and Marketing Director. You will also work closely with the Head of Marketing and marketing team to create and implement retailer specific marketing and promotional plans.
The role will be based in Ascot, but with some flexibility to work remotely. UK travel will be required.
The role will be focused on key account management, identifying opportunities to increase sales and margin and managing brand strategies and category plans for their Accessory brands.
- Building and developing relationships with Brand and Retailer counterparts to work towards joint objectives
- Creating and managing retailer Joint Business Plans, including the marketing budgets
- Monitoring retail sales data
- Creating and pitching NPD presentations, implementing NPD launches and new retailer partnerships
- Creating new opportunities both planned and ad-hoc, in line with brand objectives, to grow revenue and increase market share
- Creating and presenting monthly reports
- Managing promotion form submission, promotion implementation, tracking, analysis and compliance
- At least 3 years’ experience working with health & beauty brands as an Account Executive/Senior Account Executive/Buyer or Account Manager, ideally with an FMCG background
- Experience of working with Boots/Superdrug/key beauty e-tailers and exposure to creating/delivering retail strategies and managing Joint Business Plans
- Highly analytical with an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a wider team
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a ‘can do’ attitude