Casting Belt Operator – Gloucestershire – £23k per annum
A well-established international manufacturing company has moved to the Gloucestershire area.
If you are keen to work for a company who pride themselves on excellence, ownership, simplicity & partnership then this Casting Belt & Servo-Cutter Operator role could be for you!
If you have the skills below and are looking to work for a multinational and dynamic company, please apply
- Operate in a food-safe manner, following all GMPs and ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Follow all safety instructions and processes, specifically following proper Lock Out / Tag Out processes
- Use correct ergonomic lifting techniques
- Set-up, change over, operate, and tear down the, casting belts and casting line equipment, such as manifolds, cooling system, check-weighing equipment, cheese pumps, and servo-cutter as well as any other related equipment
- Diagnose and correct cheese problems that exist on the casting line.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to equipment to ensure proper operating conditions.
- Writing and logging work requests as needed to keep equipment in good conditions.
- Assemble and disassemble all equipment in area
- Gather and assemble pipes. Gather salvage, scrap, and waste containers.
- Make adjustments or corrections on control panel.
- Locate supplies, bring them to production area, and prepare use.
- Identify rejectable cheese and understand process to correct issue.
- Operate and conduct basic troubleshooting of the servo-cutter, including (but not limited to) changing of harps, loaf length adjustment, angle adjustment, speed change, etc
- Responsible for proper housekeeping at the work area and for proper sanitation of equipment.
- Perform sanitation duties in area and other areas as needed
- Prepare hand wash stations prior to start up and maintain during shift.
- Work with Leaders and fellow partners to ensure Food Safety and Partner Safety. Understand and execute standard operating procedures relative to position. Perform all PCP and CCP checks required for position. Follow reaction plan for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement outages and by contacting TA/TL. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper operation and product. Record accurate data on production reports.
- All other tasks required by leadership
What you need to succeed
- Must be able to read and keep accurate, legible records.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to learn pressure/temperature relationships and understand about gauges and revolving graphs
- Must be able to learn and understand production orders and become familiar with basic product flow
- Must be able to learn cheese defects and characteristics and troubleshoot heat exchangers and related equipment
- Must be willing to accept responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a satisfactory attendance record, commendable, or better performance in teamwork and overall work performance