Accounts Assistant – Wandsworth – Up to 35K
Our client, one of the only themed cinemas in the UK, is looking for an Accounts Assistant.
As Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for working with the Finance Director, within the Services department, to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of accountancy and financial reporting for all aspects of the business.
- Process supplier invoices & reconcile supplier accounts using Xero
- Manage the supplier payment process
- Raise invoices to corporate customers
- Reconcile revenue accounts for ticket sales
- Manage company credit cards using Pleo, chasing staff expenses receipts and allocating these to budget codes
- Maintain bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts, including preparing accruals & prepayments
- Maintain and update Fixed Asset register
- Assist with processing Payroll
- Support the Finance Director with Year End and Audit, and provide ad-hoc support
- Maintain confidentiality outside the department
- Have 2+ years’ experience working within a similar role
- Have experience working within a fast-paced environment; experience from within the hospitality / ‘ticket selling’ sector ideal but not necessary
- Be fully comfortable working with technology and office-based programmes, e.g. Excel, Google Drive & Mail, Xero; you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate your ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Be an excellent communicator, whether over the phone, via email or in person; you’ll be comfortable interacting with a broad range of people and you’ll thrive in an environment that offers you lots of varied interaction
- Be able to act on your own initiative and calmly solve problems as they arise, autonomously seeking solutions
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to design & implement financial processes that streamline day-to-day practises for all departments in the business
- Have a forward looking and initiative driven outlook to effectively problem solve and improve efficiencies, always making recommendations for growth
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves when required
- Have an absurd attention to detail!