Accounts Administrator – £23,500pa
Our client, a global publishing company based in Maidenhead, is looking for an Accounts/Admin Assistant to support the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) operations with collaboration with third party outsourcing partner (Genpact) on day-to-day activities including communications, resolutions, and escalations. Liaising with internal stakeholders including audit, procurement, tax, treasury, customer services and external stakeholders including key suppliers and customers to ensure collaboration in the overall end to end process. Also responsible for general administrative support for any other ad hoc tasks as required by the team.
The role is a temporary contract for 1 year paying £23,500 per annum
All work is home based with an expectation to come into the office 1-2 times per month however should the candidate wish to work in the office in Maidenhead they can do so.
Including, but not limited to:
- Reporting – monthly cash forecast, weekly interface support, monthly accruals
- Data analytics
- Review – open payables, bank reconciliations, clearing reconciling items in assigned control accounts, interface control
- Document management – invoice submission, archiving
- Query resolution / escalation
- Manual payment administration
- Credit card payments
- Supporting management of Credit Control inbox, managing requests and queries.
- Processing daily bank in Blackline Cash
- Chasing overdue customer balances
- Customer account management – refunds, journals, debt collection agency escalation, review held orders
- Provide AR cover for Australia in Credit Controllers absence
- Relevant experience in business administration / finance in a large company – particularly AP / AR operations, process improvement projects and outsourcing initiatives.
- Work experience: sufficient working experience in a large international company environment.
- Some technical accounting knowledge particularly around indirect taxes (VAT) highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyse data, understand trends and develop recommendations for actions based on analysis.
- Flexible work style and approach based on company needs.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Languages: English compulsory, knowledge of other languages an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and commit to deadlines.
- Systems: Oracle ERP, advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Toad / Access.
- Outsourced Services & Administration Assistant (this role)
- Manager, Disbursements Outsourced Services APAC & EMEA (dotted line to Director, Credit Management Operations)
- Senior Director, Global Finance Operations
- SVP, Global Procurement & Sourcing
- Keeping / improvement of the quality standards expected.
- Level of satisfaction with the information flow in both directions.